OK I 'll play along... I am re-blogging Paddy Pizappi. Paddy wrote "I chose to hang my hat at my broker for many reasons - here are my top ten."
Hmmm the Top Ten Reasons I Enjoy Being An Associate With Real Living HER... this was done very, very quickly so cut me some slack ...
Top Ten Reasons I Enjoy Being an Associate with Real Living HER
9. Stability - HER's been around for decades. I learned just yesterday, Real Living has no debt: "Tell them your firm, Real Living is free of any/all bank debt and building for the future."
8. Pride in the community - Involvement in The Ohio State University Fischer College of Business real estate program - scholarship
7. The Look the logo's, the websites, the attention to the details of the brand
6. The History The HER cookbooks, the story of how Harley E. Rouda Sr. founded the company in his basement
5. Fun... what other real estate brand has a calliope? Wish I could find a photo of the HER calliope
4. The people - the agents, the management, the instructors, the office staff, the guy who does rounds between the Central Ohio offices, guy who puts up the for sale signs...
3. Technology - the websites, the HELP!!! Desk, Real Time Listings, MyRealLiving.com, Real Living blogs, Real Living tweets
2. Vision - Real Living and Real Living HER are willing to try. Lots of first locally and beyond...
1. Real Living HER is the number one real estate company in Central Ohio.
I am Maureen McCabe - and I work where I am happy...
Other real estate agents why do you choose to hang your hat at your brokerage. Sometimes brand loyalty can get ugly but there's nothing wrong with being proud.
We real estate agents have an interesting life. Most of us are independent contractors yet we are often part of a brokerage which may have many other independent contractors joined by the umbrella of a principal broker. This can make for some interesting working environments. An office can turn into a place of secrets and sometimes it can get down right nasty. It doesn't have to be that way. I chose to hang my hat at my broker for many reasons - here are my top ten.
Top Ten Reasons I Enjoy Being An Associate Broker
With RJ Smith Realty A Real Estate Solutions Company
10. Commission - Opportunity to pick from three commission compensation packages so I can decide what will work best for me.
9. Profit Sharing Performance Premium - If the brokerage does well we all get our fair share after expenses are paid.
8. Advertisement - RJ Smith Realty has always been on the cutting edge on how we advertise and we continue to find new and innovative ways to promote listings and services.
7. Live Phone Service - Administrative assistants who answer phones during business hours and do their best to get the caller directed to the listing agent or another agent who can help the caller as quickly as possible
6. Name Recognition - When people think real estate in this area they often think RJ Smith Realty
5. Education - Our broker has brought in people who can help to educate us so that we can serve our customers and clients more efficiently.
4. Caring - The agents here show compassion and caring for our co-workers and our community.
3. Sharing - We are willing to share ideas and learn so much from the others in the office.
2. Fun - The agents who work at my broker know how to enjoy a good joke, a good party, and a good time at whatever we are doing.
1. Pride - I am proud to be associated with such a wonderful group of people who are behind the scenes in so many community volunteer efforts.
For me, I need to feel I am surrounded by people who can laugh, be supportive, and who are not afraid to share ideas that will improve my business as well as further the reputation and financial success of the brokerage itself. Working for a broker who is seen as successful and innovative as well as caring about the community and the agents who affiliate with them is very important. Sure commission split and compensation are important but the bottom line is working somewhere that you can feel at home and be proud to say you are a part of.
If you are not currently happy with your working environment there is only one person who can change it and that is you. Life is too short to spend it wishing you were somewhere else and complaining that things are not the way they should be. I hope you will all either work to change the environment at your current workplace or find the strength to change your workplace to somewhere else.I'm Paddy Pizappi - And I Work Where I Am Happy!
This post provided by Maureen McCabe HER Realtors*
Contact Maureen McCabe of HER Realtors* - 614.388.8249
email: MaureenatMaureenMcCabe.com at = @
*Real Living HER
Information is deemed to be accurate but should be verified to your satisfaction. Information provided herein is supplied by several sources and is subject to change without notice. Opinions expressed are solely those of Maureen McCabe.